- We use compact fluorescent bulbs in most fixtures.
- Thermostats are programmed to turn down when guests tend to be out (subject to
override, of course).
- Ceiling fans make cooling more efficient.
- We re-use and recycle. Somerville has just implemented a "zero-sort" recycling program, so
we are able to recycle a large percentage of our refuse.
- You can leave your car at home or in our parking lot: we are a stone's throw
from a subway station.
- We save energy when we don't change your sheets and towels daily.
- Your refrigerator is stocked with a pitcher of water: you can reduce
plastic waste by using clean, tasty Somerville water instead of bottled water.
- The house is well insulated -- cellulose insulation was blown in to the old exterior walls as part
of our recent expansion project.